Thursday, May 23, 2013


Yes you heard correct, there is a new flavor variety of Skittles out, and they’re called Skittles Darkside! There have been over a dozen Skittles varieties over the years, and still the original flavor set remains the same in the United States. But that hasn't stopped Mars, and now Wrigley’s the present owner, from introducing new products to the market at least once a year. Usually most products quietly disappear, but some make the cut and hang around.
Photo thanks to:
The new flavor’s are very different compared to the other flavors of skittles. The Darkside Skittles flavors include; blood orange, midnight lime, forbidden fruit, pomegranate, and dark berry. Personally, these flavors sound really unique and tasty!  The flavors forbidden fruit and blood orange really grasped my attention and had me really thinking about the names of the flavors.

Curious about what the new skittles tasted like...... I went to Walmart and purchased a small bag of the Darkside Skittles. The pack of skittles was about a dollar and a quarter (plus tax.) Also, I decided to break down the flavors and describe as best as possible!!

Break down on the flavors
!
Blood orange: Is a light orange color, but not a deep red like the juice is. The flavor is juicy, and pretty good, but it’s more of the juice flavor of a tangerine than the traditional orange. Personally, orange isn't my favorite flavor, and I would usually give out the orange ones to whoever wanted them, but this time the orange ones taste pretty good!
Midnight Lime: I’m wondering why the people named it “midnight lime” because to me, they taste just like the original lime in some of the other packs. I guess they wanted a name that interested consumers but to me it’s just the same. The only difference really is the color.
Forbidden Fruit: If you like fruit punch, like me, you’ll love forbidden fruit! It tastes just like fruit punch and it’s blue in color. I ate all of the blue one’s first because they just tasted so great! To me, this is by far the best flavor in this pack and if you’re a fruit punch fan, go try this!
Dark Berry: If you like fruity flavors, but not quite fruit punch, more like berry, you’ll like this flavor! This is my second choice in the flavors in the bag. It has this taste that it really good and if you mix this one with forbidden fruit, it taste amazing!

For the last flavor I wanted to get someone else's opinion on it, so thanks to http://www.candyblog.net/blog/item/skittles_darkside, I got someone else's opinion on Pomegranate!
Pomegranate: “Pomegranate has a deep flavor with a good cherry and berry flavor. It’s tangy, but doesn't have that tannic bite that real pomegranates do. If I wasn't told this was pomegranate, I’d just say blackberry. Not that there’s anything wrong with a good blackberry.”

No comments:

Post a Comment